Waste Reduction Assistance
About the Program:
The Waste Reduction Assistance Program (WRAP) is a free service of the OSS Solid Waste District designed to assist business, industrial, non-profit, and commercial operations in evaluating and reducing their solid waste.
A representative of the District will visit your facility and conduct a waste assessment to evaluate how your waste is presently being managed and make recommendations for improvement. These changes can result in a cost savings for your business.
What are some of the benefits of the program?
- Assessing the volume and type of waste that is generated at a facility to make more effective decisions on managing the waste.
- Evaluation of present solid waste hauling and recycling contracts with suggestions on how to reduce costs.
- Assisting in locating markets for hard to recycle materials.
- Recommending changes in production that will result in waste reduction.
- Assisting in the establishment of new recycling programs to handle materials such as office paper.
- Providing training sessions and assistance to educate employees about new and existing waste reduction programs.
- Assisting local economic development officials with the solid waste needs of new business or industry moving into the District.
For more information or to schedule a waste assessment contact Recycling Specialist, Jim Darr @ the District's main office by phone or email:
- Phone: 419-334-7222
- Toll-free: 1-888-850-7224
- Email: email@example.com
Board of Directors
Mark Coppeler • Mike Kerschner • Scott Miller • Kay Reiter • Jim Sass • Charlie Schwochow • Holly Stacy • Mark Stahl • Shayne Thomas